Posts tagged DJ Rav
1. Monica – Before You Walk Out Of My Life (Pete Rock Mix)
2. Alyson Williams – I Need Your Lovin’
3. Lynden David Hall – Do I Qualify (K Gee Remix)
4. Sa-Deuce – Don’t Waste My Time
5. Silk – Hooked On You (Album Version)
6. Tony Thompson – I Wanna Love Like That (Rap Mix)
7. Martine Girault – Been Thinking About You
8. Busta Rhymes – Decision (Feat. Jamie Foxx, Mary J Blige, John Legend & Common)
9. Eric Roberson – Further Ft. T3 Of Slum Village
10. Nine Yards – Always Find A Way [Jay Dee remix]
11. LeToya Luckett – Regret f. Ludacris
12. Mos Def – Ms. Fat Booty
13. Common – Geto Heaven Part Two (feat. D’Angelo)
14. The Family Stand – Ghetto Heaven [Original Soul II Soul 12 Remix W Jazzy B]
15. Massivo – Lovin You
16. Suzanne Vega – Tom’s Dinner
17. Soul II Soul – Keep On Movin’ (NY Remix)
18. Big Bub Ft. Teddy Riley & Heavy D – Need Your Love (Cooltimes Remix)
19. Her Sanity Ft. The Lox – Xclusive
20. Gina Thompson Feat Missy Elliot – The Things You Do (Remix)
21. Kut Klose – Lovely Thang (Extended Remix)
22. Mtume – Juicy Fruit (Radio Edit)
23. Mtume – C.O.D. (I’ll Deliver)
24. Loose Ends – Hangin’ On A String (Extended Mix)
25. Joyce Sims – Come Into My Life
26. Maxi Priest – Close To You
27. After 7 – Heat Of The Moment (One World 12″)
28. LeVert – Casanova
29. Hi-Five – She’s Playing Hard To Get (Remix)
30. Wreckx-N-Effect – Rump Shaker
31. Digital Underground – Humpty Dance
32. Teddy Riley Feat. Tammy Lucas – Is it Good to You (in the Clubs Mix)
33. Teddy Riley Feat. Tammy Lucas – Is it Good to You Acapella)
34. Wreckx-N-Effect Ft. Tammy Lucas – My Cutie
35. Big Bub – I Like Your Style
36. Shomari – If You Feel The Need
37. Portrait – Here We Go Again! (U.S. Extended Mix)
38. Al B. Sure! – If I’m Not Your Lover feat. Slick Rick (12″ Remix)
39. Ready For The World – Yo That’s A Lot Of Body
40. Entouch (Featuring Keith Sweat) – All Nite Long
41. Ryan Leslie – You’re Not My Girl
42. Kelis – 80′s Joint
43. Monie Love – I Can Do This (Uptown Mix)
44. The Whispers – And The Beat Goes On
45. Will Smith – Miami
46. Sugarhill Gang – Rappers Delight (Dmc Remix)
47. Alexander O’Neal – Criticize (12 Inch)
48. Patrice Rushen – Forget Me Nots
A quick wrap up of the fantastic night had by everyone last Saturday at Flashback 17. Def London’s number 1 old school night. Sadly no Vik Lovesoul DJ’ing at this one, but lovesoul repped hard. Shout to shamik and lil’ ash for holding it down with the camera. More info at Flashback2001.com or for DJ Rav’s mixtapes hit his Facebook. And of course, shout to Numark for the NS7.
One of the only DJ’s we co-sign entirely, DJ Rav has put together a dedication tape to the timeless crooning of Donnell Jones.
Download / Stream The Donnell Jones Megamix. DJ Rav and Lovesoul take no responsibility for children conceived during the playing of this mix.
London’s best night by a million miles is back. In breaking news, DJ Rav is officially part of the Flashback crew, and rightly so as he is a 40 year old soul diva trapped in a 20 something year olds body. Ritesh will of course be back on the one’s and two’s, and rightly so as he’s a 14 year old sugar chomping, red-bull swigging ASBO trapped in a succesful 30 something bankers body. And of course Raj and Vik will be there to drop one of the earlier DJ sets as a duo, with an added bonus of a Vik Lovesoul birthday set and Raj lovesoul jumping back on the mic later with Ritesh (…and rightly so because we smash the floor everytime)! Here’s the flyer:
Event Name: Flashback
Artists: Flashback DJ’s and DJ Rav (Guest Host Raj Lovesoul)
Venue: Mustard Bar, London, EC4M 8EN
Rating: 8.5/10 – Make the effort to attend this party
If your looking for an old school RnB night, Flashback sets the industrial standard. Not only was the beautiful Mustard Bar packed with equally, if not more, beautiful women and well dressed guys, but more importantly, 17 year veteran Flashback DJ, Ritesh Shah, was in his element behind the turntables when we got there.
As a DJ, this vinyl junky’s ‘old school’ records were probably pre-releases when Shah first got his hands on them, and we’re talking all the classics from 70′s MJ to Donnell Jones and everything in between. He has since built up a core following of people who not only loved the music on the night, but also came dressed in anything from suits and cocktails dresses (you know the type, champagne in hand), to girls in vests, caps and whistles raving like they were on a beach in Thailand.
Also on hand was DJ Rav, who’s seemless cd mixes never let the energy drop for a second. Of couse Vik Lovesoul and I were in the house from around midnight, at which point the dancefloor was packed, and the various lounge areas were comfortably populated with the over 25 year olds mingling and catching up from Flashbacks of the past.
Around 1.15am, the mic came my way, and this was the party in London to host for. The response was electric. Leciester was in the house, and typically made enough noise to wake up people sleeping in France. London was putting in some energy, as was a group in town from New Zealand, which all kept the vibe up.
The only reason we kept the rating down to an 8.5 out of 10 is because you can rest assured that the Flashback team are always improving, and we wouldn’t want to use a 10 rating on them just yet, only for them to somehow by even better at their next event, (so maybe at the 20 year special in 2010?). They’re miles ahead of the competition, but definately know that they have the potential to be even bigger. And after 17 years, it would take a giant to stop them.
Posted by Raj Lovesoul